Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Rest Day!

Rest day today (even though I had everything set out ready to go). Here's why:

Read the May 2008 issue of Runner's World before going to bed and one quote stood out: "...that two days off now is better than two months off later due to injury." (Dathan Ritzenhein)

Woke up at 5:00 am then went back to sleep after remembering the quote. I've done too much running this week, with the HBC10K on Canada Day. I thought I'll take a second day of rest and do a conservative LSD tomorrow (taking advice from Ritzenhein). Luck will have it I'll forget to set the alarm for early in the morning (supposed to be hotter tomorrow so want to get in my run before it gets hot). So, I'll go to bed early tonight and wake up early tomorrow morning.