Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Fri (10:1 x4); Sat (10:1 x12)

Didn't have time to post my blog Friday and Saturday...so a combined entry:

Friday, July 25

Had to make a decision of running a 3rd time this week before the LSD, making it 4 runs in a week. That's a number I would like to run consistently as I make my way up to marathon training (after the half marathon season is over). I've learned the importance of running very slowly at the beginning since I do not stretch before runs. I really enjoy the route which goes into a residential community, including a park trail. Fortunately, it was overcast and not too warm. Got in a good run of 10:1 (x4), covering 5.8 K. The run gets me in a good mood for work.


Saturday, July 26

Woke up at 6:00 pm, ate Vector cereal, took Bud on his walk and fed him his breakfast. Then it was off for my 10:1 (x12) on the Martin Goodman Trail, beginning at 7:00 am. Like yesterday, the weather was overcast and not too humid. I actually like running in cloudy weather as the sun blasting in my eyes (even with sunglasses) isn't helpful. Lots of walkers out today with runners and bikers. When I passed the CNE, there was a 3x3 basketball tournament so it was busy. I also saw the ticket booths set up at the front of Princess Gates, getting ready for next year's CNE (haven't attended that in a few years and have no intentions for this year as it's the same stuff). Opted to run past the Humber River bridge into Etobioke for a bit. The first hour went very quickly and the last 10:1 I was thankful it was over. Today's run covered 18.36 K, avererage pace 7:11 minutes/K, and average heart rate 151 bpm. The intervals continue to show a slight decrease in time (which doesn't surprise me due to a slow start):

7:41 min/K; 7:27 min/K; 7:17 min/K; 7:13 min/K; 7:22 min/K; 7:01 min/K; 6:58 min/K; 6:48 min/K; 6:30 min/K; 6:29 min/K; 6:24 min/K

Definitely a rest day tomorrow. I'll see if I can get in 3 weekday runs before the final week of summer school -- it'll all depend on the weather as I don't want to run in rain if I don't have to.

YTD = 649.29 K