Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Thursday, July 10, 2008

10:1 (x3)

Got in a morning run before work. Cool temperatures for a change: 14C :-) The first 10:1 was great as I went slow. Unfortunately, I upped the pacing too quickly and then struggled with the running. I need to remind myself on Sunday's Nissan 10 Miler to start slowly. JHarbeck on the RR forum suggests treating the 16.1K as a half marathon -- I like that idea! Whatever time I get will be a PB :-) Still worried about the weather. It's supposed to be hot and humid on Saturday. Saturday night supposed to rain. I would love cool conditions like this morning on race day. Got an e-mail to remind me to pick up the bib on Friday or Saturday at the RR Commerce Court. Don't know my bib number yet. They are using starting corrals this year -- I can't recall what time I predicted for a finishing time, though. I will start 3/4 back. Looking forward to running through Tommy Thompson Park!

Today = 4.84 K
YTD = 564.09 K