Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Monday, June 30, 2008

10:1 (x3); Day before HBC 10K

Today's the official first day of my week off from work before teaching summer school. Woke up at 8:30 am (hey - that's the start of summer school!) and after taking Bud on his morning walk and feeding his tummy, I went on a short run, 10:1 (x3), in the cool/warm (in between!) weather -- 4.83 K, averaging 6:50/K. Remembered to wear the correct shoes but forgot the heart rate monitor.

Very pleased that I have 514.13 K for the first 6 months of the year, without injury. To put that in perspective, the distance from Toronto to Montreal is 504.43 K (I guess from City Hall to City Hall) using mapcrow.info.

After the short run, I headed to the HBC for bib pick-up. Last year, I picked up the registration package on-site but might as well be prepared this year. Folks on the Running Room forum reminded me of the early pick-up. Once I was inside the Bay, I found a sign that said the booth was in the lower level bedding area. Fortunately, only had to wait a minute and got everything shortly afterwards. The HBC 10K was one of my favourite races last year and I'm excited for tomorrow. I will post a photo of the finisher's medal tomorrow. In the mean time, here are a couple of photos of the personalized bib tech shirt. It takes a bit of time to appreciate the refreshing look of the shirt!