Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Saturday, June 21, 2008

10:1 (x12)

Was planning on doing my LSD on Sunday but with the weather forecasted as rain for Sunday morning, and this morning sunny, I had to take advantage of the weather. Third run in four days, but I didn't want to risk not having a long run this week if it rained tomorrow. The long run began at 7:30 am today (could have been earlier but hard to get out of bed!). Lots of runners, power walkers, and bicyclists on the Martin Goodman Trail. It was sunny but muggy -- sweating more than usual. I did take it conservatively since I didn't want to injury myself after the 2 runs a few days ago. Still, ran 19.12 K, for an average pace of 6:54 minutes/k (that's fast for me!), with average heart rate of 155 bpm. Ran west on the Humber River Bridge (this is a photo I downloaded from the Internet):



This past week got in 33.46 K. Total this year is 487.43 K. Next run will be on Tuesday (day off). Looking forward to the HBC 10K on Canada Day!