Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Saturday, June 28, 2008

500K reached! 10:1 (x6)

I reached the 500K mark and am on track for 1000K by December 31st! Unfortunately, the way I reached it wasn't as stellar. I was at the 499.76K before today's run and reached the 500K wearing my old pair of running shoes I had to run back home to get the new pair with the orthodics in it -- that was important since the grounds were also wet from the rain earlier in the morning. I never thought I could catch up but with 30K weeks for about a few months, the 1000K by the end of the year is now a reality. Today's run = 9.54 K using 10:1 (x6); averaging 6:55 minutes/K; forgot heart rate monitor :-( Weather was overcast and humid (I'll take that over the 2 hours before of rain) Year to date total = 509.30K

Next run will be one of my favourite races from last year -- the HBC 10K, with complimentary admission to Ontario Place. Look forward to wearing the new design tech shirt and taking home the finisher's medal made by the Royal Canadian Mint! Can't wait...