Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Sunday, June 15, 2008

10:1 (x13)

Finally figured out the troubles with my Garmin. After recharging the battery and the first 10:1 having the watch go "nuts" at the end of the first 10 minute run, I thought of erasing the data for the last 3 months -- that worked! So, the watch couldn't store all the data I've had since I got the watch. Glad my Garmin isn't broken or defective. Need to remember to download the last month's data onto my computer.

Got out of bed at 5:30 am. Was tough falling asleep last night with the humidity. After walking and feeding Bud breakfast, was out on my long run at 6:25 am :-) Not many runners and walkers on the Martin Goodman Trail but I'm pleased to have gotten out there early since it was a bit humid (but nothing like last week!). I chose to run west past the Humber River Bridge this time for 10 minutes before heading back east. I upped my 10:1 to an additional interval as I build on increasing mileage conservatively. No marathon until next year, but I do want to up the mileage conservatively. As usual, started off slowly, averaging about 7:30 min/K and in the final few 10:1 s, I was averaging slighly less than 6:00 min/K. Run felt great. I remembered to wear the correct shoes, had the knee brace on, and brought along a Cliff bar and Gatorade and water. So great to arrive home slightly past 9 am.

Today's LSD = 19.81 K
This Week = 31.61 K
Year to Date = 453.97 K

I hope to reach the 500 K just before or on the HBC 10K run on Canada Day. I am on track to reach 1000K by December 31st :-) Next week, I hope to do 10:1 (x14) but that of course will depend on the weather. Humidity go away!!

My Manitoba colleagues on the RR forum are running the Manitoba Marathon this morning. I hope they did very well as they've trained long hours for today.

Rest until Wednesday -- my day off from work as we're in examinations. Hope to get a run early in the morning again.