Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Saturday, June 7, 2008

10:1 (x12), Hot and Humid

Hot and humid. Billboard, while running said 28C. Left the house at 7:20 am (although I had hoped for 6:30 am) and it felt hazy. The first hour of running was fine as weather was bearable. It was during the second half that I found the weather difficult, with the sun proudly shining. I had to put on some sunscreen; I did wear my hat. While on the Martin Goodman Trail, I didn't find many instances of cool breeze as the winds were non-existent. Lots of runners and power walkers out on the trail this morning. I continually drank water and Gatorade (stopped at the Shopper's Drug Mart at the end of the run to buy some more fluids). It was tough and in the future with similar weather conditions, I'll begin the run before 6:30 am.

The good news with today's run is I successfully completed 18.65K, for a total of 422.36K since January 1st this year. My heart rate was high, averaging 165 bpm. My pace was also higher than usual, at 7.05 minutes/K. My goal is to complete 500K by June 30th so I am on track to reach the 1000K by the end of the year. The new Brooks Adrenaline GTS 7 was great -- new shoes really make a difference.

After the run, I went to the local RR and bought another pair of Brooks Adrenaline GTS 7 at the clearance price of $99.99. Thank goodness for an additional 20% off with the Vectors coupon. I also bought some Cliff bars with the Vectors coupon.

Next week at work should be less hectic. Last week I was only able to get in 1 weekday run and 1 LSD on the weekend. I hope to go back to the usual 2 weekday runs and 1 LSD next week. Rest day until at least Monday!