Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Sunday, June 1, 2008

10:1 (x12)

Arrived home too late on Friday for a 10:1 (x4). I looked at this as extra rest days in preparation for this morning's 10:1 (x12). Wore my new Brooks Adrenaline GTS7 running shoes bought at a discounted price with the 20% off Vectors coupon (having retired the old pair). I ordered another pair of this clearance shoes for the future. Might as well stock up on shoes that works for me. Who knows what GTS8 feels like.

Went back to the Martin Goodman Trail to the Humber River Bridge. I didn't want to run on last week's route because of the rain yesterday. Lots of runners and power walks. Also, the Gardiner and DVP were closed this morning for the Run for Heart fundraiser. Cool and cloudy this morning -- yesterday's humidity was swept away with the afternoon rain. Got in 17.92K today, averaging 7.22 minutes/K, and with 154 beats per minute (according to the heart rate monitor). My year to date total is 397.76K. I think I can run 1000K by December 31st. I need to keep training "smartly" to avoid injury. Changing to a new pair of shoes should help that goal. It does feel different with a new pair of shoes!

I must be obsessed with running. I had a dream yesterday morning that I saw some racers walking to the start line of the Toronto Marathon. I live minutes away from the start line. I didn't sign up for that race since I already ran the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront half marathon and signed up for the Run Ajax half marathon. I felt sad not signing up but enjoyed the expo. I guess if someone analyzes this dream, they might suggest that I miss competing in this race. Not surprising since I walked the half marathon the last 2 years -- and love the finisher's medal. In reality, I might visit the expo since I recall it was quite good -- wasn't big but always enjoyable.

Next race is exactly 1 month away -- the HBC 10K (with the personalized bib number on the tech shirt and the cool finisher's medal). While passing by Ontario Place this morning, admission fee is $17.35 (something like that). Boy that is expensive! I'll be sure to go to Ontario Place after the run for the post food.