Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

10:1 (x4)

Another 10K run after work using 10:1 (x4). Sunny and cool weather! Ran through the Trinity-Bellwoods Park again and then made it briefly on the Martin Goodman Trail. Lots of runners! A bit faster pace -- 6.11K, averaging 7:12 minutes/K. I remembered to wear the heart rate monitor, averaging 151 beats per minute.

Afterwards, went to the local RR to pick up my discontinued Brooks Adrenaline GTS 7. I remembered my 20% off Vectors coupon today! The shoes was on sale for $99.99, then $20.00 further deduction due to the Vectors coupon. With tax, I paid $90.39. I'm tempted to order another pair. Oophs...forgot to show the RR salesperson my current pair and see if I should retire the current shoes. I also bought 12 packs of Sharkies with the 20% Vectors coupon. Aah...going on a shopping spree armed with a 20% off coupon!

I might actually be able to run 1000K in the year 2008 after-all. My total is now 379.84K. At the end of the month, I should be at 416.67K and I won't be all that far after my long run this weekend :-) Just have to stay injury-free...

My good friend and colleague, Ron Lancaster, sponsored me $100.00 for my Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront half marathon. I need to spend time sending the e-mail to everyone in my mailbox. Even a few dollars will help.