Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Thursday, May 22, 2008

10:1 (x4)

Sunny and cloudy day today -- got in 10:1 (x4) after work today; left work a bit later than originally planned but fortunately still got in a run. A bit faster today, averaging 7:15 minutes/K, for a total of 6.07K. I ran in the community just to alternate the route. Forgot to bring along music but got into a good running groove. Looking forward to the weekend as the weather is forecasted to be sunny both days (and warmer) :-) Total in 2008: 349.53K.

The Ottawa Marathon is this Sunday. I should confirm a third half marathon for this year this weekend -- I have a choice between the "Run Ajax"; Toronto Marathon; Niagara Falls; Angus Glen. I have just about ruled out Angus Glen due to the hills (but love the buffet lunch!). The hills (both up and down) in the Toronto Marathon is an issue. Right now, I'm leaning towards "Run Ajax" since the route is along the waterfront and is fairly flat (and the price is cheap...but I still remember the phrase 'You get what you paid for.'). With gas expensive these days, I'm not sure about Niagara Falls -- although I've never done this race before. So many choices...