Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Registered for races; Fundraising page set up for Scotiabank Toronto

Beautiful rest day -- I can sense summer has arrived! Forgot to put on sunscreen yesterday and saw some "peeling" on my left arm :-( Today was the Ottawa marathon and a nice day to have it (although a bit warm -- but not hot and humid).

Just signed up for 2 more races (I have yet to sign up for the December 31st Resolution Run and that should be it for this year):

- Saturday, August 16: A Midsummer Night's Run 15K http://www.amidsummernightsrun.ca/images/maps/15kmap.pdf Looks like a neat evening run through Tommy Thompson Park!

- Sunday, October 26: Run Ajax Half Marathon http://www.townofajax.com/AssetFactory.aspx?did=4336 It should be fun to run along the waterfront of Ajax. I debated about the Niagara Falls half marathon on the same day but opted not to do it since there is no race day bib pick-up -- I can't afford to drive to Niagara Falls just to pick up my registration with the gas prices so unreasonable these days. The Ajax run is 4 weeks from my "A" race, the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront half marathon. I chose not to select the Toronto Marathon since it's only 3 weeks from the Toronto Waterfront and I would like the extra week to prepare -- not to mention I've done that race twice already as a walker (and it has the Hoggs Hallow uphill and last 1K is on an uphill incline).

I've set up my fundraising page which I hope to fundraise $750 for the charity, Canadian Safe School Network by running a half marathon at the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront on Sunday, September 28. 100% of the funds raised will go directly to the organization to help promote safe schools and reduce youth violence. This resonates directly with me with my professional life as a high school educator. http://www.canadiansafeschools.com/about/overview.htm I have set up a link at the top of my blog.

Rest day until Wednesday.