Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Photos of Mississauga Marathon

I received an e-mail this afternoon with a link to my photos at the Mississauga half marathon:

brightroom event photography



Haven't run since Sunday. If the weather cooperates tomorrow after work, I should have a 40 minute run, with an LSD of about 10K on Saturday or Sunday along the Martin Goodman Trail.

I've given some thought to my training and want to remain injury-free so I won't be too ambitious (e.g., train for a marathon this year). I have signed up for the half marathon at Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront in late September. I've also committed to the HBC 10K on Canada Day and the Nissan Ten-Miler in mid-July. I'm going to decide whether or not to sign up for the 15K Midsummer's Night Run in mid-August -- really interested in an evening race along the Toronto waterfront -- okay, I want the medal ;-) The 10K Zoo race is out due to the hills. I'm also hesitant to sign up for the Toronto Marathon since it's too close to the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront not to mention the steep Hogg's Hallow (but I would walk it). Ditto for the Angus Glen half marathon (hilly). But I could always sign up for the 10K and "pig out" at the buffet lunch -- did I say the course is hilly??

Continue to feel great for my debut as a half marathon runner. I'm eyeing the Mississauga Marathon as my debut as a marathon runner if all goes well...

Still got to figure out where I can buy more of the PowerBar Recovery Creamy Chocolate Shakes. So tasty!