Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Thursday, May 1, 2008

10:1 (x4); Bib Pick-Up

Pleased I'm continuing with my 3 runs a week. Did another 10:1 (x4) but the weather was cloudy with light rain at times (fortunately only lasted temporarily). I was not happy that I started a bit fast. Covered 6.32K (yes, fast for me), for a total of 279.79K since the beginning of the year.

I got an e-mail for the Sporting Life 10K registration pick-up. I've thrilled to be assigned bib number #3663 since it's a palindrome! The only damper right now is the projected weather, which the Weather Network says there is 70% chance of precipitation (i.e., light rain). I want sun or clouds. This is my first race in 2008 and can't wait to run down Yonge Street. I hope to leave my house at 6:30 am and then walk to the starting line, in time for the 8:00 am start (that'll be a good warm-up) so I can start just a bit faster than my long-runs.

I'm almost done reading Jeff Galloway's book. Very informative. I will highlight the key points very soon. Now back to reading...