Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

10:1 (x4)

Cooler outside today (5C), but thankfully sunny. I got in 10:1 (x4) as a maintenance run from the weekend. I started a bit too fast, unfortunately. I tend to start very slowly on the LSD since I know it's long...maybe listening to music helps. Got in 5.76K today, taking 7:38 minutes/K.

I'm currently working on nutrition as I eat Vector cereal for breakfast; eat ham and turkey sandwich, with fruits (that's at 11:45 am) and I don't eat until 4:00 pm (i.e., snacking (!)) or when I get home. I need to continually eat so I don't over eat -- I just feel hungry! I bought some apples from Dominions and will eat that in the car on my way home from work. I'm trying my best to stay away from snacks as I can't stop eating.

Sunday is the Sporting Life 10K. I just checked the web site, http://www.canadarunningseries.com/sportinglife/ and there are 8913 racers registered! I'm eyeing the weather and it's forcasted to be cloudy with showers and 15C. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for no rain. It'll be my first race of the year and I won't be ambitious as I want to stay injury-free and be ready for the Mississauga Half Marathon on Mother's Day.

The weather during April has been great. I've been able to get in 12 runs, for a total distance of 110 K, taking 14 hours. Now at that pace, I will make the 1000K club in the year 2008. For the 1000K club, I'm at 273.47K right now. Way off but I'll be pleased to reach whatever I get at the end of December :-) It's been an amazing month of running injury-free.