Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Reached 400 K!!

Beautiful, sunny, warm (680 News says "summer-like") St. Patrick's Day :-) After taking Bud on a long walk, did my 50 minute run. Working on the speed during the weekday runs. Got in 8.24 K this morning. Wore a short-sleeved tech shirt minus the jacket. YTD = 401.72 K. On track for 2010 K by December 31.

Mailed away my registration for the 30 K Midsummer Night's Run in mid-August. I've signed up for all the races I'll run in 2010. Costly...

2 comments:

Boris T said...

Congrats on getting 400k so far. I hear ya about the costs, they are getting a little out of hand if you as me.

Louis Lim said...

I'm keeping track of the money spent on running this year to "scare myself". It really makes me think about getting "picky" about which races to enter -- come to think of it, I had that discussion last year and look at the number of races I signed up for this year. Reality is for a full marathon, I need to have a half marathon and 30 K as the training runs.


While walking the dog this week, saw a man wearing the Angus Glen 10-miler jacket. I recall that race costs $95, with a "free" jacket. It does look good, though.