Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Saturday, March 20, 2010

32 K LSD

1 week until ATB :-) March Break is over :-( Bud's 3rd birthday is Monday next week and I have a meet after school :-(

Got in my LSD this morning along the Martin Goodman Trail. Original aim was 30 K but opted for 32 K, the longest distance in the full marathon training. Weather was overcast and +3C -- perfect for running! Initially thought I should take a toque when my head got windy but after a while, it was fine. Quite a few runners out there! Reminded myself to go slowly so I could build the mileage up. Took along an energy gel (got it from the Chilly 1/2 marathon 2 weeks ago -- still have 1 gel left). Brought along the iPod this morning to help the time go by; fortunately it's working as I recharged it last night. After 25 minutes of running and then taking a minute walk break, my back ached -- must have slept not well?? Fortunately, the back didn't affect the run as I did complete the 32 K -- in 4 hours. That'll give me confidence that I can run 30 K next Sunday.

Need to remind myself to pick up the bib after work on Friday this week. I always get stuck in traffic and make it to Hamilton shortly before 6 PM and the expo is closing; then I drive back to Toronto -- not good use of time and for the environment but what can I do?

A good week of running: 48.19 K
YTD = 433.75

No comments: