Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Saturday, March 27, 2010

ATB 30 K -- Race Pick-Up

Got out of work at 4:20 PM yesterday (a bit late) and then headed as fast as I could to Hamilton to pick up bib, time-chip, and tech shirt. Unlike previous years, the drive was only bad in Oakville. Going west on 401 and south on 427 were great. That gave me promise I would arrive before 6 PM. I ended up arriving at 6:15 PM. I initially parked in an somewhat empty lot but saw someone working inside so moved to another lot. Fortunately, there were people leaving Copps Collesium so they opened the door for me. When I got there, it was already closed but there were people still organizing the tech shirts, etc. Initially, I gave them an incorrect bib # (was told "it's missing) and then learned I mixed up 2 numbers. Fortunately the time chip was activated as the time-chip booth was closed. The man from the time-chip company said the chips are always activiated - it's a check.





I then browsed the empty booths at the expo -- picked up some race brochures. Also, there was a 20% off Running Room coupon "sitting there" so I took it; expiry date is April 4 though. Not sure if there's anything I need.

Drive back to Toronto was quick.

Looking forward to tomorrow's run. Weather forecast is good -- "increasing cloudiness tomorrow, expect rain (Sunday) night." (680 News).

No comments: