Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Sunday, October 4, 2009

First run since marathon...

Battling a cold the last few days...not sure why I seem to always get a cold after major races. But there's lots of people sneezing and coughing these days so I probably caught the bug that way -- even though I wash my hands before eating.

Took Bud to the Nathan Phillips Square to see the runners and walkers at the Run for the Cure 5 K. Lots of people. While on University, I had to take Bud home so we walked on the sidewalk with some of the walkers. The radio says they hope to raise $28 million dollars throughout Canada today for breast cancer.

After a week of resting, opted to try out running and see how it goes. I am now doing 20:1 intervals. Originally, I set the Garmin at 3 intervals but finished with 2 intervals so not to overdo it. Ran 5.11 K this morning. Hope to get back on schedule with 3 runs a week now. Taking it slowly and listening to my body. No races planned until the 5 K Resolution Run in late December -- still haven't registered yet due to the jacket size uncertainty. Thinking about the Ottawa Marathon...

YTD = 1326 K (Do believe I can make it to 1000 miles by December 31st).