Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Recovering well...

I better write this so I know what it feels like after finishing a marathon in the future.

I think I'm recovering well -- it's day #3. I woke up this morning without the aches in the legs. Some good advice from John Bingham's book Marathoning for Mortals to walk each day. Since I can't sit in a bathtub of cold water (did that once and hated it!), I've put cold water on a towel on the legs. Been feeling exhausted and slept at 9:30 PM yesterday -- nice sleep! There will be no running for at least a week as I repair the millions of microtears from running.

Currently re-reading The Runner's Book of Daily Inspiration by Kevin Nelson. Also got in the mail the current issue of Runner's World today (as well as RR magaine which I have yet to read).

Just purchased an 8x10 photo from http://www.asiorders.com/view_user_event.asp?EVENTID=51716&BIB=2626. It cost me $31.28 Canadian total which includes the photo, the virtual clock, and race logo. Pricey, I know, but it's worth the memories.

One more race this year -- the Resolution Run in late December. I've already registered for the Chilly 1/2 marathon and the ATB 30 K. Still trying to determine if I want to run the Mississauga Marathon again or run the Ottawa Marathon (but then there's transportation costs, hotel costs). Have until February 15th before the registration fee of Ottawa goes up.

Looking forward to running again. But for now, need to recover conservatively. Love my addiction! Hope to reach 1000 miles by the end of the year.