Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Sunday, October 11, 2009

20:1 (x8)

Yesterday's rest day (i.e., sleep) worked wonders. Left the house at 9 AM for the LSD this morning. A bit cool so I wore my Toronto Marathon pants, tech shirt, and Resolution jacket. Goal was 20:1 (x6), but ended up doing 20:1 (x8). Route along the Martin Goodman Trail east of Parliament, south on Cherry Street. Opted to run inside the Tommy Thompson Park. That was windy! I didn't want to run on the gravel so turned around short of the lighthouse. There were some runners and bikers in the park but not many. Afterwards, headed to the Running Room with the hopes of signing up for the Resolution Run -- they didn't have the registration forms nor the sample jacket. I didn't want to register on-line since there is the approximately $4 processing fee and I wanted to try on the jacket. The jacket I wore today is a large, yet my tech shirts are medium. I might go with large.

Pleased with today's run as the recovery from the marathon 2 weeks ago is going well -- much better than the spring marathon, which I practically couldn't run for a month and had to see a sports medicine doctor.

Bib number for the Toronto Marathon posted on their web site. It might be a good thing I won't be running it -- that's $60 :-( I will be sure to pick up the bib and tech shirt this Friday after work and enjoy the expo. I'll return the timing chip.

YTD = 1359.32 K