Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Signed up for Resolution Run

I just signed up for the Resolution Run on December 27th. I just found out on the web site that the start will be at the Queen Elizabeth Building in the CNE -- this is surprising since it's always been in the Distillery District. I ordered a size Large for the jacket (that's what I'm got 2 years ago and it fit). I went to the Commerce Court RR 2 weeks ago and they didn't have it. I also e-mailed them and it has yet to come in. Rather than wait for another price increase, better register.

Media attention continues with the 2 marathons in 3 weeks. It would make sense to move the Toronto Marathon to the spring and keep the Waterfront as is. This would affect the Mississauga Marathon as well as the new Whitby marathon in the spring. It doesn't solve the issue of traffic tie-ups. The Waterfront has a contract with (forgot who) and so they want to keep it in the fall. The Toronto Marathon's reason is they were there first. It would take City Council only approving 1 marathon for this to happen.