Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Crazy Thought; Running Times; Marathon Predictor Time; Midsummer Night's Run

1.) Crazy Thought

I've been having a crazy thought the past 2 days of running 2 marathons in 3 weeks (Toronto Waterfront and Toronto Marathon). I think I am finally coming to my senses -- the risk is too great for injury along with why the rush? I thought of using the Toronto Marathon more like an LSD but the hills will be brutal. I've signed up for the Toronto Waterfront in late September. I leaning towards the Toronto half marathon 3 weeks later. That'll be doable -- and give me a chance to improve on getting under 2 hours for a half marathon. I need to remind myself of the rule of thumb -- 1 mile recovery for each day.

2.) Running Times Magazine

Running Times magazine has a promotion of $1.50 Canadian per issue. I signed up for 2 years. Subscription starts in 4-6 weeks. https://secure.rodale.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/OaeEntryPage?storeId=10057&keycode=I89W0008&mktOfferId=RNT18171

3.) Marathon Predictor Time

I entered my half marathon PB at the Chilly from last month (2 hours, 3 minutes, 53 seconds). My projected marathon finish time is 4 hours, 23 minutes, 22 seconds. I then entered my recent ATB 30 K time of 3 hours, 14 minutes, 24.4 seconds. My projected marathon finish time is 4 hours, 42 minutes, 57 seconds. I'm aiming for 4 hours 30 minutes on the downhill decline Mississauga Marathon.

http://runningtimes.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=6765

4.) Midsummer Night's Run

Signed up yesterday for the 30 K on August 22, 2009 -- just in time for the March 31st deadline of $49.00. Race starts earlier this year at 5:30 pm. Hope to finish by 9 pm (which isn't really dark).