Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Saturday, March 7, 2009

LSD 10:1 (X25) [...rain]

Did my LSD this morning, with rain arriving in the afternoon; unfortunately, the rain arrived at about 11:00 am and I had to run half of my LSD in the rain (fortunately wasn't pouring). After yesterday's 18C weather, today was supposed to go up to a high of 7C.

I had to start the LSD a bit later (9:00 am) since I had to take Bud to the vet to have his left eye checked out -- he looks like he has a black eye (noticed it last night). Good thing the vet was able to see me immediately and said Bud probably got bitten by an insect (e.g., spider).



I opted not to listen to music and enjoyed my mind drifting off to determine what needed to be done on the weekend. I noticed in the last 1/3 of the run that my mind no longer drifted, letting my mental "toughness" take over.

There were plenty of runners (didn't see any walkers, though) and some of them were in shorts on the Martin Goodman Trail. I ran west of the Humber River Bridge and then east all the way to Commissoner's Road.



The Gardiner Expressway was closed until Parkside with a bad accident. The radio said 3 vehicles crashed with 6 people hosipitalized (3 serious). One of the cars looked awful.

No issues -- except my right foot got caught in a pot hole gap -- aargh! At the end of 4 hours 35 minutes, I was soaking wet. I don't fathom running in a race in pouring rain -- knock on wood.

Looking forward to the Around The Bay 30 K at the end of the month. Also looking forward to getting in 3 runs during the March Break which is coming soon!

I ordered the file of the 1 photo taken of me at the Chilly half marathon. It hasn't been e-mailed to me yet. I'll post it on my blog as well as get an 8x10 developed.

33.79 K. YTD = 339.69 K