Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Sunday, March 15, 2009

10:1 (x27) in amazing spring weather!

Wow -- talk about running in PERFECT weather! Today was sunny, no humidity, and cool (9C). Lots of runners on the Martin Goodman Trail. Today's LSD was my longest to-date, 4 hours 30 minutes running with 27 minutes of walk breaks. Unfortunately, I started the run a later at 8:50 am but that's not an issue since it's not the hot and humid summer yet. I fulfilled my long-term goal of running west on the Martin Goodman Trail past the Humber River Bridge and then east to Cherry Street and then south to the Lake Ontario and then further east on the trail. Again, the mental toughness was required for the final 1/3 of the run. No music again which made the LSD more enjoyable.

Two issues -- had to reset my Garmin after the first 10 minute interval since it wasn't tracking the distance properly. Secondly, had difficulty unwrapping the Cliff Bar package -- the entire bar ended on the floor for 1 second before it got off the gorund. I thought of the "3 second rule" and so far, I feel fine :-)

It's March Break and have runs planned for Wednesday (slow 10:1 (x5)) and Friday (fast 10:1 (x5)).

Today = 50.48 K
YTD = 390.17 K