Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Saturday, March 14, 2009

10:1 (x5)

Had to choose between running before or after work. After waking up and hearing that the temperature in the morning was -10C, I opted for the after work run. Nice run and I focussed on speed. Got in 8.14 K using the 10:1 (x5). Looking forward to Sunday's LSD, which the weather is supposed to be +8C :-) YTD = 354.56 K

On another note, went to the Petsmarts close to work. I bought Bud 40 pounds of adult dog food. After noticing that there was 46 pounds (i.e., 15% more) for the same price, I lugged this into the cart. When I checked another bag, I noticed the exploration date was a month better. So, I took the pack of food out of the cart -- and then it happened -- the dog food came pouring out. About 1/3 was on the ground before I could set the bag safely on down. Embarassed, I told an employee, who basically rolled his eyes as he was helping another customer. I quickly took the bag I wanted and brought it to the cashier (minus the cart -- which had dog food in it). The bags need to be made sturdier -- my beef!