Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Monday, March 10, 2008

No running...snow; feeling better; funny video

It's been quite the winter in Toronto. We're short about 15 cm to setting an all-time most snowiest winter in the city. One part of me wants it (what do we have to lose?) and will remind us of this difficult winter. Another part says "No way!" as we've also turned the clock an hour fast this weekend. Regardless, no running for me until Thursday when it's supposed to get to 6C high.

I'm feeling better and now back to normal. Missed 2 days from work. The stomach flu and I are enemies. What was frustrating is I only wanted to sleep -- there was no coughing, sneezing, or running nose. I was fatigued and chilling a bit. I'm glad it's over :-)

Someone posted the following link on the Running Room forum. It does cheer me up a bit. It's an original race where 150 raced 380 yards in high heels. Why anyone would organize such a race is beyond me but the price money is good: $15 000. There is a video that goes along with the link and the races are fast! I wonder how many of the 150 racers make it to the finish line without tripping. Originally I thought it was a half marathon race -- that would be tough! I wouldn't be surprised if there is a "run backwards" race in the brewing...


Counting down the days until it looks and feels like spring...