Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Sunday, March 23, 2008

10:1 (x9)

Did my LSD this morning on a cold (-2C) but sunny Easter Sunday. I covered 13.56K; 7.18 minutes/K; averaging 164 BPM. After the first 30 minutes or so, I got into a running groove, with the final couple of 10 minute runs getting a bit tired. The gloves were taken off after the first 10 minutes (and when I got home, I said, "Where is my right glove?") -- oh no... I took the usual route as I anxiously await the snow to all melt away on the Martin Goodman Trail (and even if there was no snow, I didn't want to battle to colder and windier weather at the lake). We're supposed to be getting some flurries (!) on Tuesday so I hope that next weekend will be spring-like.

I continue to train slowly and conservatively to avoid injury. I hope to get in at least 1 run 10:1 (x3) to lead the way for a 10:1 (x10) next weekend. Today's run is 64% of a half-marathon, so the endurance is coming along.

Rest day tomorrow on Easter Monday and a day off from work :-)