Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

10:1 (x3)

Great news -- I've resumed my running after a couple weeks break (due to snow, snow, stomach flue, snow). I heard on the radio that the rest of March will be snow, snow, snow...ARGH!!! After taking the pup on his afternoon walk, I noticed the sidewalks were generally dry -- if not today for a run, then when? Tomorrow morning we're supposed to get another 3 cm of (wet) snow and maybe freezing rain, but the afternoon is going to be 6C with showers. 2 months until Mississauga so I better get going. I did 10:1 (x3), for a mileage of 4.41K, average 7.29/K, forgot to wear the heartrate monitor. No more stomach flu :-) and now I can report something to the "1000K in 2008" club on the Running Room forum. I can't wait until the spring weather arrives.

After the 10:1 (x3), I made my way to the local Running Room and used the $10 coupon I received from signing up for the Mississauga half marathon. I had to buy the Yaktrax Pro ($39.99) so I can run in the snow and ice. I also bought a 2-pack of Double Layer WrightSock ($21.99). Boy, I've spent a lot of money at the Running Room during the past year -- but well worth it in order to reach my goal as a walker and runner. I was hoping to pick up a copy of the March/April magazine and the new 2008 catalogue but both are not yet available.

I received my April 2008 issue of Runner's World as well as the April 2008 issue of Men's Health. Both are easy-to-read and filled with neat ideas. Good bed time reading!

Still struggling to figure out what to get my pup, Bud, for his first birthday on March 21st.