Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Saturday, March 15, 2008

10:1 (x8)

Spring is here! The snow is (finally) melting, it's sunny, 6C.

Got in my first LSD in a few weeks by doing 10:1 (x8). I ran in the neighbourhood since the Martin Goodman Trail is probably still covered in snow and slowly melting. Maybe next weekend I'll give the trail a try. I covered 11.63K this morning, averaging 7:34 min/K; average heart rate 161 BPM. I did my run after "warming up" by walking the pup (his 1st birthday is next Saturday -- yeah!) and a bit of stretching. During my walk with the pup, I must have had 5 near-falls up my street. Fortunately, it was only my street and the sidewalks during my run was dry. Been feeling a bit stiff in the legs the past week -- I wonder if it's due to the amount of sleeping after getting over the stomach flu. No problem during the run. I particularly enjoyed the last half hour of the run -- although I was running up a street (which I shouldn't have done). I'll use the "Stick" to stretch out the legs later today. I do hope spring is here to stay and I can resort to a regular training schedule now. Less than 2 months until Mississuaga 1/2 marathon and I need to get the LSD up to 17 or 18K.

After my walk, I had to buy a "Slinky Dog" which makes a great display (rather than playing with it). I remember how cool having a slinky was as a child. What will they think of next?