Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Another 10:1 (x4) -- But it was super windy!

It's Wednesday. With the above freezing temperatures, I just had to take advantage of it -- not to mention the need to increase my training to more than once a week. After work, I went to the Martin Goodman Trail and did 10:1 (x4). Coincidently, I finished with a distance of 5.76K (almost identical to my Sunday run). For the first 22 minutes, I ran into the wind and wow was it windy. The last 22 minutes running with the wind to my back was wonderful -- I didn't even look at my Garmin :-) I wore my Running Room Resolution Run jacket and it's a great addition to my running attire. I have a large sized jacket and am pleased that I tried it on at the RR and the salesperson gave his opinion as well on the size. I saw 2 people on the trail that were also running -- one also wore a RR Resolution Run jacket! The billboard above said 7C or 45F so that's super for January weather! Not to mention it was cloudy or sunny (compared to the rain we got this morning). Even the pup didn't get his morning walk :-( No problems with the left knee (thank goodness!). This weekend, I hope to increase the distance to 10:1 (x 4.5) -- slowly and conservatively building the distance up to half marathon, which I have 4 months to do.

I'm reading issues of the Runner's World. I really enjoy reading John Bingham's column since it focuses on slow runners such as myself. The nutrition column is also informative -- I took the quiz in the January 08 issue and scored low -- I thought I knew how to eat. I will be reading the answers very soon to improve on my eating habits.

Yeah...a weekday run :-)