Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Sunday, January 6, 2008

10:1 (x4)

Did 10:1 (x4) this morning. The ice continues to melt with the 5C weather today (it's overcast). I went to the Martin Goodman Trail (but too icy) and then quickly went on the roads and sidewalks. My distance was 5.77K (according to the Garmin). Quite a few runners outside. The ice should be all gone later in the week as the weather will be 12C in a few days, with rain. I've waited patiently (okay, impatiently) for warm weather (at least dry sidewalks). Seems like no racing until mid-March so I will be training alone, slowly building up the endurance to half marathon. I'll see how the training goes, if I can't get the 21.1K for May, I can delay my half marathon debut as a runner until the Scotiabank Waterfront in late September. I remember in late June once I got into the running grove, everything fell in place...but again, I got injured (runner's knee). Aargh! Back to work tomorrow...