Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

10:1 (x7) + Wind!

Wow! It was windy during today's run. Listening to the radio, we're supposed to get 15-20 cm of snow this Friday (aaargh!!!) so it was very important I run today -- not to mention I have a day off today :-) The windchill temperature was about -18C, while the temperature was about -8C. Forutnately, I didn't feel frozen or chilly while running.

During my walk with the pup this morning, I noticed that the sidewalks could be a bit icy so I took extra care running through snow -- mostly the sidewalks were dry but at times light snow existed. Fortunately during my run, I didn't have any near falls. I ran once again in my neighbourhood and enjoyed the scenery -- the Martin Goodman's Trail was not an option as I imagine the path would be icy and/or covered with snow, not to mention colder and winder at the lakefront. I'm pleased to have done 10:1 (x7), covering a distance of 10.86K. I remembered to wear my heart monitor and averaged 163 BPM (I noticed that in the first few laps, my heart rate was higher than usual: 170 BPM; 171 BPM; 164 BPM; 160 BPM; 162 BPM; 161 BPM; and 158 BPM). I always look forward to the 1 minute walk break! I continue to shuffle as a runner building up the endurance.

Continue to love my Garmin 305. The only complaint I have is the 10H battery life before needing recharging. I was a bit concerned the battery would run out on me again today but fortunately I checked it and it was still strong. I'm going to recharge it right now as I write! I watched a couple of on-line videos on the Garmin 305 and learned how to have 4 screens on the watch -- I chose time; distance; pace; and heart rate. With today being the last run of the month, I've logged 987K since spring 07, taking 160.29H. I'm pleased!

I just registered for the Mississauga Half Marathon on May 11th. I waited until now since I wanted to ensure I could run the 21.1K -- I'm half way there and feel great. The $50 registration fee goes up on February 6. With the registration, there is a $10 coupon at the Running Room for purchases over $50 along with a complimentary subscription to iRun magazine -- it's a Canadian running magazine that makes its inaugral issue in May. http://irunnation.com/subscribe.php