Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

10:1 (x5)

Good weather this afternoon: 1C; fairly dry running path; not windy. Did 10:1 (x5) again today. I'm doing my best (weather permitting) to get in 2 runs a week and building up the endurance on the weekend. It's getting easier to run now and I look forward to tripling the distance! I also like the tickerfactory which is a wonderful motivator to reaching a thousand km in 2008. I still remember back in early July when I got into a groove, then I could run, run, and run. I like the shuffling I'm doing and not huffing and puffing. I'm up to 55 minutes now :-) Can't wait until the nice spring weather arrives...supposed to get "light snow on Saturday".

I got a reply from the Archilles St. Patrick's 5K race that there is no finisher's medal and no tech shirt (a cotton t-shirt is given). I doubt I'll register for that race. I'm leaning towards only signing up for races this year that have perks -- especially a finisher's medal; I just assume tech shirts are a given (but they're not). I received an on-line newsletter from the Mississauga Marathon but will most likely not register until I am more certain I can run half marathon. The HBC Canada Day's race is now up on http://www.hbcrunforcanada.ca/2008/index.php. There is a countdown (was 75 days yesterday) but Habs4ever on the Running Room forum informed me that countdown is for the unveiling of the new tech shirt and medal. Love that personalized number tech shirt!

On e-Bay, Boston Marathon finisher's medal is being auctioned. I checked the seller and so far has sold 8 Boston medals. I have a problem with this -- how did this person get so many medals? I don't have a problem with someone selling their medal but to have so many of them? http://cgi.ebay.ca/Official-Finisher-Medal-111th-Boston-Marathon-4-16-2007_W0QQitemZ350015325326QQihZ022QQcategoryZ2882QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem I e-mailed the Boston Marathon race director and informed them of the e-Bay auction. I don't like this...

Now to rest for a few days until the weekend!