Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Saturday, January 12, 2008

10:1 (x5)

Wonderful weather outside today (6C, overcast, not windy) -- amazing for a mid-January morning. The radio last night said that the weekend would be great with flurries ending in the morning (never arrived) and rain in the afternoon. I promised myself I would run on Saturday if it was a good, otherwise, I would run Sunday. Great to see other runners on the Martin Goodman Trail today. My Garmin said 6.92K, averaging 7:57 min/K -- wait a sec... I can powerwalk faster! I also remembered (finally) to wear my heart rate monitor and averaged 150 beats/min throughout the run. The best part of the run is I didn't look at my Garmin at all and enjoyed the run very much. I look forward to the day when I can run a half marathon...that day will come as I'm now 1/3 there :-)

I downloaded the Training Centre software for the Garmin onto my computer. Now I need to learn how to analyze the data.

A few rest days until Wednesday for my next run...