Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Sidewalks are dry... Saturday Run :-)

Listened to the radio the past few days to see if my run should be on Saturday, Sunday, or neither. Tomorrow's supposed to have 1-2 cm of snow so I opted for today -- sunny, about 0C, sidewalks dry -- couldn't ask for more for a December day! Did 5:1 (x5) again, covering a distance of 4.12K according to my Garmin...hey, 10% of a marathon ;-) Felt good and could have gone on and on...but not rushing it this time. Wore my custom orthodics for the first run and they felt good. I do hope the orthodics help. I mailed away the documentation to the insurance company for reimbursement of the $450.

After my run, I went to Shopper's Drug Mart to redeem $100 using my Optimum Card for 40 000 points. I had hoped that they would allow me to get a Gift Card so I didn't have to find $100 worth of stuff in one visit but that's what the rules are. I found "the 2 oz Miracle Custom Molding Insoles" for my work shoes as well as a paletllar sleeve for my left knee. I'll see how these go. I also got a pack of Sharkies organic energy sports chews -- never seen these before -- reminds me of the sports beans.

Looking forward to the 5K Resolution Run on December 30th. Can't believe the date is creeping up (and ever so quickly). I've been training only once a week -- working around my schedule and the weather. Also can't wait to wear the RR jacket that comes with the registration fee! I hope the weather is dry (i.e., not snow and/or ice covered) during the holidays -- I hope it's warm enough to run on the Martin Goodman Trail.

The ever popular Chilly race in early March is now full. I didn't enter since I'm being selective in which races to compete in this year. I'm focussing this year as a runner and hope to complete at least 1 half marathon, with a (full) marathon in 2009. I'm still eyeing the Mississauga race for my debut as a runner in the half marathon.