Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Orthodics

The day has finally arrived to pick up my custom-made orthodics. Fortunately, the $450 will be covered fully by my work insurance, with a deductible . I have been doing the stretching exercises suggested to me. Unfortunately, I still do get some of the runner's knee sensations even though I was injured back in July (and it's now December). The doctor told me that the orthodics are a preventative device rather than for treatment of my runner's knee problem. There is a 50% chance the knee pain will go away with the orthodics. If not, he recommended physiotherapy in a few weeks. The treatment would be about 3 weeks with 6 sessions. Now to wear my orthodics, which feel strange, while walking and then running. I do hope this is the "magic" that I've been waiting for :-) There is the possible, though, of pain to the feet; back; hips; etc. although this should be temporary -- the doctor told me to inform him if this is not temporary. Photos...