Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Week in Review

Recovery week from the full marathon last week. The evening of running the marathon was tough -- the legs were VERY sore. The next day ditto. Tuesday felt good. 3 days rest in total and then on Thursday ran for 30 minutes (4.26 K). This morning, ran 21.1 K along the Martin Goodman Trail -- wow, it was cool! Wore track pants and a jacket. Windy when running east. YTD = 1411.3 K

Here is the link that shows me running to the finish line at last week's Toronto Waterfront Marathon. I was super exhausted and once I hit the first mat, I stopped running (!). I think it's the 2nd mat that determines one's time.
http://www.asiorders.com/view_user_event_video.asp?EVENTID=63213&BIB=3546&VLOC=Full%20Marathon%20Finish%20Line

Reflecting on last week's marathon, glad I did it! What I need to do differently for the spring 2011 is to include some strength training. From 32 K to the finish line is soooo tough!

No comments: