Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Toronto Marathon Expo

Went this morning to pick up my bib and tech shirt for the Toronto Marathon. This year, the expo has moved from the Sheraton on Queen Street (great location) to the Direct Energy Place in the CNE (same location as the expo for the Toronto Waterfront Marathon). Interestingly, not the entire room was used. Picked up bib and tech shirt:


I particularly like the tech shirt -- just have no idea why I selected Large -- which I couldn't change. A few years ago, I selected small. I tried the Large on and it'll do. There were previous years' shirts at the expo selling for $5. I would prefer the timing chip but this race is using the bib chip. Since I won't be wearing my Garmin, this shouldn't be an issue.

At the expo, I shopped at the Toronto Marathon booth and bought a jacket (to wear, not to run in). The jacket I really wanted was in medium size and too big. I needed a small and settled with:

Also bought 3 gels (although they're giving gels during the race tomorrow). Walked the expo 4 times and then made the trek back home.

Goal: To FINISH the 42.2 K tomorrow morning

Prize: Finisher's Medal that is 5 inches in diameter! Wow -- the Toronto Waterfront medal is 2.5 inches.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will wearing your garmin with a bib chip a problem? I am running tomtorrow and always wear my garmin to every race

Louis Lim said...

At the Midsummer Night's Run, we were told NOT to have the Garmin in front of the bib -- as this could interfer with the electronics -- both at the start and finish lines. I no longer race with my Garmin -- during the latter part of the race, I'm also looking at the watch.

Boris T said...

Good luck tomorrow! I wish I was there, kick butt!