Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Sunday, November 1, 2009

LSD 20:1 (x8)

1 extra hour of sleep thanks to turning the clock back. All set to head out for the LSD at 8:30 AM but when I turned on my Garmin, I was shocked to see "Low Battery" message. So, I recharged the battery for an hour and then headed out at 9:30 AM. Beautiful morning for a run -- sunny/overcast and 10C. I wore my Toronto Marathon toque, RR jacket, tech shirt, and Toronto Marathon track pants. I debated on which route to go and opted for heading to the Martin Goodman Trail east of Parliament, south on Cherry, through the path south of Urwin, through Asbridge's Bay Park, and then Woodbine Park. Lots of runners and walkers on the course today. I thought of those in the Angus Glen half marathon and those in the Hamilton Marathon -- they got excellent weather conditions :-)

With 40 minutes to go, it was a bit tough to reach the end of the LSD, probably since I went faster than usual for an LSD. Average was 7:07 on the Garmin.

I went to Shopper's Drug Mart after the run to buy some chocolate milk. Had to buy the 1 L, which was on special for 99c. My goodness, 680 calories -- and it was easy to drink it all. I went to the mall and felt in "heaven" eating a chicken solvaki dinner from Jimmy the Greek -- a bit greasy but sooooo good. Also went to Booster Juice and bought a Very Berry. I think I'm getting addicted to this stuff :-| (not good since it's expensive $6.05 after taxes).

Today = 23.59 K; YTD = 1460.40 K

No comments: