Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Sunday, November 15, 2009

2 Hours = 17.79 K LSD

Had to cut the run a bit short today since I woke up late and had to visit my little nephew (who's getting over a cold). Overcast and warmer than usual for a fall day. Ran west to the Humber River Bridge and then back. Lots of folks in shorts -- me, wore my Toronto Marathon track pants (and toque). For the 2nd half of the run, sped up and it felt great!

Today = 17.79 K
YTD = 1524.33 K
To Go for 1000 miles = 84.7 K

One thing I thought about during the LSD was which races to register. For the spring marathon, I will probably stick with Mississauga. I want to do Ottawa but I would have no time to site-see in Ottawa so it's 5 hour train to Ottawa on Saturday morning, go to the expo, rest in the evening, run in the morning, train back home in the evening. Hmmm...and the costs $140 train + accommodation. Regardless, I'm committed to the Chilly half marathon and the Around the Bay 30 K, which will prep me for the spring marathon. For the fall full marathon, I'm eyeing the Toronto Marathon (with the August Midsummer Night's 30 K Run, and the Scotiabank Waterfront 1/2 marathon) as the races to prepare.

Registration costs have gone way up for the Canada Running Series. In fact, if I go with Mississauga and the Toronto Marathon as my full marathons for 2010, none of the races with the Canada Running Series are must-runs. I will most likely not run the Sporting Life 10 K since, with on-line registration fee, it will be a $50 race -- probably better for me to take it easy the week before Mississauga. The 10-miler will be over $70 with on-line registration (as will the Scotiabank Waterfront 1/2 marathon) -- full marathon is close to $90 with on-line registration fee.

1 comment:

Double Bellybuster said...

If the cash-grabs of the big moneymakers like Mississauga and Ottawa irk you, consider the smaller spring marathons in Waterloo, London, Sudbury and Whitby that are around half the entry fee, typically raise money for great charities and communities and that appreciate every last entrant.