Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Saturday, August 15, 2009

LSD + Hot/Humid

Started the LSD at 5:30 AM this morning (no typo) :-) It was still dark and I wanted to beat the heat as best as I could. I wore my sunglasses (in the dark), my RR hat, and brought along sunscreen for later on (as well as a 1-week expired gel). Even in teh dark it felt muggy. Very few people on the Martin Goodman Trail this early in the morning. I had to make 2 purchases of Gatorade/Powerade as I couldn't stop drinking it. I was successful in my LSD (15:1 x17) as I covered 33.12 K. My route took me east to the Humber River Bridge; west and back east on the Martin Goodman Trail, west to Cherry Street and then south to the lake and minutes away from Tommy Thompson Park. This was no walk in the park due the humidity. Fortunately, the Garmin had enough juice as the battery was low.

I need to monitor my left leg, which was sore from the run. Nothing to do with runner's knee, fortunately.

YTD = 1072.00 K (44.71 K week!)