Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Monday, August 3, 2009

15:1 (x14)

Longest run to date! 3H 40M out there. Alarm rang at 5:30 AM and got out of bed just after 6 AM, walked the dog, and was out of the house by 7 AM :-) Fortunately, not as humid as last week :-) I knew running east on the Martin Goodman Trail wouldn't be difficult as the sun would be in my back; in fact, the sun was just coming up. I went to the Humber River Bridge and continued east to the turn-around, and then back west. It was sunny but fortunately not too humid. Not many runners and bicyclists on the trail today -- probably since it's Simcoe Day and part of the long weekend. I opted not to have my LSD yesterday due to the clean-up of the Caribana Parade was still occurring, not to mention the forecasted weather of rain, and maybe thunderstorms, in the morning. Glad I ran this morning! Did a true LSD as it was slow. I got 27.84 K in and hope to get closer to 30 K next weekend. Got an e-mail from the Midsummer's Night Run that it is only 3 weeks away. I believe I am on track for the full marathon in late September. YTD = 989.27 K. Will reach the 1000 K mark hopefully on my 2nd weekday run this week :-) Can't wait.

Still thinking of the Ottawa full marathon (late May 2010) and the Toronto full marathon (October 2010).

PS: I need to strengthen the left knee as I could feel its weakness at the very beginning of my run.