Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Saturday's 10:1 (x18)

Opted for my LSD on Saturday (rather than Sunday) after listening to the radio forecast of snow. Great move as it is Sunday as I write and the snow came down yesterday afternoon -- there's snow and ice on the ground.

Yesterday had a 10:1 (x18) i.e., 3H 18M "out there". Ran east on the Danforth until Warden and then ran back home. Okay, also went to the Art Gallery of Ontario to see some art afterwards. A bit chilly when I walked to the art gallery and then back home. To load up on the carbs, I had a slice of pizza (well deserved!).

Great run as it was definitely slow! Mileage = 23.52 K. During the afternoon, I got lots of sleep and over night. Boy were my legs tired! Inching slowly to running a marthon. Just want the snow gone for next Sunday! YTD = 1246.60 K

Started reading First Marathons: Personal Encounters with the 26.2 Mile Monster by Gail Waesche Kislevitz. Hope to read 1 story each night before going to sleep.