Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Friday, December 26, 2008

Boxing Day 10:1 (x4) + Resolution Run Pick-Up

Today's Boxing Day! Debated whether to do an LSD or short run; since I've run Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and now today, better to go with another short run. Good thing since it started to snow and my glasses were no longer clear. With today's 10:1 (x4), got in 5.48 K, for a yearly total of 1300.40 K. Yeah!! I've reached the 1300 K mark :-)

After my short run, went to the Running Room to pick-up my Resolution Run jacket and bib for Sunday's run. I was originally assigned bib #494 but opted for another palindrome #888. The man was nice enough to allow me to have any number I wanted. Maybe I should have picked #314? This will be a fun run to end off an amazing year. I will need to post a year in reflection as well as my goals for the upcoming new year.





Having picked up some racing brochures, I opted to sign up for 3 races put on by the Canada Running Series to take advantage of their combo package of saving $10: Sporting Life 10K; Nissan 10-Miler; Scotiabank Toronto full marathon. Wow -- great to think of the summer!