Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Race Report: Resolution Run

After taking Bud on his morning walk and feeding him breakfast, I left the house for the Resolution Run in Toronto. I did a slow run to the race site and arrived with seconds until the the starting buzzer. This is the 3rd consecutive year registering for this fun run. Fortunately, the roads were not icy, although there were some puddles at the start. As always, the beginning was a bit conjested but eventually got to good running room. I debated about using this race as part of my LSD or to actually race it. I opted, since I did pay $45.00, that I would race it. I wanted to be under 30 minutes for the first time and knew I could do it. I finished the race in a time of 28:04, although my Garmin did say 4.87 K (usually the Garmin says I've run more than supposed to since not taking all the tangent turns properly).

I continue to find the 5 K challenging since one must start fast and end fast. I do prefer the longer distances since you can get into a groove.

I was disappointed with the post-race food as there was only water (no Gatorade); bananas; and cookies. I was hoping for a bagel. Funny how this fun run is advertised in the Running Room magazine as some people register for the food -- come to think of it, I think the same thing happened last year. Otherwise, I enjoyed this fun run. It was well supervised by the police. The weather was great -- warm, about 10C, and it stopped raining (although the roads were wet). It would have been nice to have the Resolution Run on New Year's Eve or on New Year's day -- but I guess it was due to the City of Toronto not allowing it for this particular site.

Now to enjoy my jacket! Overall, good value.