Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Winter Pants; 10:1 (x4)

Went to the Running Room and bought winter pants to wear during the winter (e.g., January). The RR manager explained to me the base, mid, and outter layers for clothes and what to wear for pants. I had the option of going with tights and then wearing my windbreaker pants bought at the the Toronto Marathon expo or going with this single winter pants. I'm pleased with what I got -- 20% off $69.99. The visaperks.ca coupon expires tomorrow. It looks like I'm all set for winter running -- will wear the same stuff as I did when I did the Chilly half marathon back in 2007. I also got grips to put on my running shoes that I bought in the past spring. There's no question I need to run in the winter if the Mississauga Marathon is going to be a reality for me.

Got in 10:1 (x4) after work. A slow and enjoyable run, covering 5.55 K. Look forward to my Sunday morning run. What I do not look forward to is sleeping -- last night woke up at 1:00 am with a terrible cough. During the day, it's okay. I had to drink cough syrup and that got me back to bed.

YTD = 1074.76 K