Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Friday, October 17, 2008

Expo!

Went to the expo after work (with my cold). The line-up for the half marathon was a bit busy when I got there and about double the size when I left. I think they need a few more volunteers at the half marathon. The green colour tech shirts is an unusal colour -- but at least I picked the right size this year (medium) and will wear it in the future.


Other highlights:

* Signed up for Canadian Running. Can't go wrong with a free issue and socks and then a year's subscription of 7 issues (total = 8 issues) for $17.95 tax included.

* Crossed off some of the items I needed to buy:

- Running track pants for $30.00 -- the lady allowed me to leave my "goody" bag so I could try on the pants in the washroom -- a small fits wonders for me;

- spun the RR wheel and was thrilled I won a prize (and didn't get the 10% coupon I got at the Scotiabank Waterfront expo) -- I took the Velcro Pocket which the man working at the wheel says retails $6.00 -- I now have a way to store my keys when wearing my running short tight

- signed up for the Mississauga Marathon -- wow, only $65.00 for the full marathon (that's the price I paid for this weekend's half marathon); there's a 1 in 5 chance the registration will be complimentary -- I need to win...

* Was hoping to sign up for the Around The Bay 30K but only on-line registrations are being taken.

* Went 3 times around the expo and picked up 3 bottles of the Gatorade G2 bottles (and some buy 1 get 1 free coupons)

* Great sample of banana bread -- very soft and tasty

* Here's something usual ... Xocai's The Healthy Chocolate. I tried 3 samples -- delicious. Only shocker is the price -- $150.00 for 140 squares in the box (As an aside, I'll stay with dark chocolate until I win the lottery...) http://nettrax3.infotraxsys.com/mxi/ShoppingCart/Shop.cfm?pid=18372918257432401

* Another interesting booth was the Greens+ -- it's to cleanse the body. I just did the pH test that came with the brochure and my pH = 6 (too acidic). I'll have to read the brochure provided.

* I was hoping for the Poster booth (at the Scotiabank Waterfront expo) to be at this expo but they weren't. I'll have to wait until next year.

Even though the Scotiabank Waterfront expo had so many booths in the spacious location, I didn't buy anything. Today's expo was great Now to sleep off this cold so I can actually run the race ...