Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Sunday, October 5, 2008

LSD 10:1 (x12)

Slept in and began the LSD at about 9 am this morning. After taking Bud on his morning walk and feeding him, I opted to wear a tech shirt and my RR jacket (from the Resolution Run last December). Half way through the run, it got to the point I didn't need the jacket anymore. So I unzipped it and still ran with it. I like the fall weather - no humidity! Once again, was in great company with the numerous runners, bicyclists, and walkers (although not many today). I think this was a conservative run since it's only 1 week since the Toronto Waterfront half marathon race. I have no data on my heart rate since I forgot to wear it. The Garmin reported a distance of 17.72 K, for YTD = 988.25 K. I may reach the 1000 K on Thursday; if not, I'll reach it next Sunday :-)

Two weeks until the Toronto half marathon. I will probably sign-up for the Mississauga Marathon at the expo. I'll need to think of the training programme for the 42.2 K run, with the trickiness of the winter. I don't like running on snow or ice... I'll need to think if I should sign up for the Chilly half marathon and the ATB 30 K.