Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Sunday, August 31, 2008

10:1 (x14) + Scotiabank Medal Revealed

LSD this morning. Left the house early at 6:45 am in order to beat the anticipated heat. Beautiful weather! Sunny and cool (no humidity!) -- such a contrast to last weekend's run. I ran slower than usual since I wanted to see if I could add an interval. After completing 12 intervals, I opted to add 2 extra intervals (since I wasn't tired and felt great as well as an attempt to "make-up" for missing a run this week). Got in a total distance of 20.44 K, with an average pace of 7:32 min/K (hmm...I can power walk faster) :- Great to see so many walkers and runners out on the Martin Goodman Trail -- what a community we are!

Return to work on Tuesday. Been an amazing July and August as I've run over 300 K in the 2 months. The 10:1 and the 4 runs a week (most of the time) have been great -- no injury -- continue to knock on wood. YTD = 828.28 K.

Looking forward to my half marathon at the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront. Love the look of the medal -- must be the same company that made the Nissan 10 Miler and the Sporting Life 10K -- lots of detail and sure beats the dogtag medal from last year. This race has a special place in my heart since my first race was the 5 K and after having such an amazing experience, have been hooked since.